(Washington, D.C., January 14, 2021) In 2020, Global Liver Institute (GLI), whose mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families impacted by liver disease through promoting innovation, encouraging collaboration, and supporting the scaling of optimal approaches to help eradicate liver diseases, is pleased to announce newly elected members to its 14-member board of directors.
Donna R. Cryer, JD, president and CEO of GLI said, “We are delighted to announce the members of GLI’s 2021 Board of Directors who bring a diverse and expansive set of expertise and networks to continue our organization’s growth trajectory as we scale to meet the needs of liver patients around the world. It is especially meaningful that patients and patient family members now comprise one-half of the board.”
Members of GLI’s 2021 Board of Directors include five returning members and nine newly elected directors.
Newly appointed directors include:
- Nicholas Austin, JD, Senior Counsel and Vice President, Wells Fargo Bank
- Lisa Boyette, MD, PhD, Co-Founder, Curable and Curable Consulting
- Jonca Bull, Principal, Strategic Regulatory Consultants
- Gary Deverman, CFRE, Vice President, NutriStyle
- Ben Goodman, National Director, Mission:Readiness
- Monica H. McGurk, MBA, Senior Vice President and Chief Global Growth Officer, Kellogg Company
- Laurie Mobley, Senior Vice President, BRG Communications
- Brian Munroe, Vice President, Government Affairs, Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Amy L. Wright, JD, Partner, Taft Stettinius & Hollister
Returning directors include:
- Dennis R. Cryer, MD, FAHA, Chief Medical Officer, CryerHealth LLC
- Donna R. Cryer, JD, President and CEO, GLI
- Victor J. Reyes, MBA, GLI Board Chair; Managing Director, Human Capital, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Lewis R. Roberts, MB, Chb, PhD, Professor of Medicine and Consultant, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic
- Amita Shukla, MBA, Founder and CEO, VitaMita
GLI is entering its sixth year since its founding and has established offices in the United States and Europe. Demonstrating a collaborative model through its Councils for Liver Cancer, NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis), and Pediatric and Rare Liver Diseases, GLI regularly convenes more than 100 patient advocacy organizations, medical societies, and health systems from 10 countries to provide the infrastructure to elevate issues related to liver health and generate workable solutions.
“I want to express my profound gratitude to our founding directors for their service, particularly Dr. Hillel Tobias, who will become our Chair Emeritus, whose faith and support for my vision for a patient-driven social impact organization that could match the size and scope of the need of the more than half billion people living with liver conditions around the world has allowed us to get to this point,” said Mrs. Cryer, a 26-year liver transplant recipient, “and I am so appreciative that former Board Treasurer, Victor J. Reyes, MBA, Managing Director, Human Capital Deloitte Consulting will take on the mantle of Board Chair to help lead us into the next stage of our growth.”
Visit the GLI website to learn more about GLI’s liver health advocacy initiatives.
About Global Liver Institute
Global Liver Institute (GLI) is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt not-for-profit organization, headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States, with offices in the U.S. and Europe. GLI’s vision is for liver health to take its place on the global public health agenda commensurate with its prevalence and impact. GLI’s mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families impacted by liver disease through promoting innovation, encouraging collaboration, and supporting the scaling of optimal approaches to help eradicate liver diseases. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.