Global Liver Institute
GLOBAL LIVER INSTITUTE
This #RareAware Advocate Toolkit was created to provide actionable ways to engage during Rare Liver Diseases Month and to provide platforms for #RareAware advocacy throughout the year.
Share Your Story
Use your story as a positive force. Share your experience with rare liver disease with our communications team for the opportunity to be featured in our newsletters, on our website, and more.
Be #RareAware on Social Media
Follow GLI on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Use the hashtag #RareAware to keep up with conversations on liver advocacy and education.
- February is Rare Liver Diseases Month. Use the hashtag #RareAware to spread awareness of rare liver diseases. Learn more here: (link to website).
- I am #RareAware because [connection to rare liver diseases] @globalliver
- There are over 100 rare liver diseases, but many of them are unknown. #RareAware
- A #rareliverdisease is a #liver disease that affects a small portion of the population. #RareAware
- Rare diseases affect over 300 million people worldwide. #RareAware
- Cholangiocarcinoma is a rare type of cancer that forms in the bile ducts. People with primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC), another #rareliverdisease, are at risk for developing cholangiocarcinoma. https://www.globalliver.org/cholangiocarcinoma-cca #RareAware
Share these images on your social media accounts! Click on the image you would like to share and then right click (or long tap on mobile) to save it.
Show Your Support
Right click on the image to save it. Add your organization logo, post it on social, and don’t forget to tag us and use the #RareAware hashtag.
Post a Selfie
Download one of GLI’s “I am #RareAware” signs and post a picture of yourself with it; or get creative and make your own sign to use in a selfie! Tag us on social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) and use the hashtag #RareAware.
I am #RareAware [PDF]
Print and fill in the blank space with a short statement about what makes you rare! Then, snap a photo, tag, and post!
I am #RareAware because… [PDF]
Become a Liver Health Advocate
Register for GLI’s Advanced Advocacy Academy (A3)
GLI’s Advanced Advocacy Academy (A3) Symposium, a training program held annually in September, connects liver patients, caregivers, and family members with the information, skills, and opportunities that they need to effectively advocate for liver health across the health ecosystem.
Tune in to GLI LIVE
Launched as part of our COVID-19 response, GLI LIVE features GLI’s President & CEO, Donna Cryer, in weekly conversations with guests on Wednesdays at noon ET. Throughout the month of February, GLI LIVE episodes highlighted rare liver diseases.
#RareAware GLI LIVE episodes