Global Liver Institute
GLOBAL LIVER INSTITUTE
Global Call To Action For Liver Cancers
Patient Tell Your Story Toolkit
Global Liver Cancer Map
Leadership In Liver Health Luncheon
Driving Equity in Liver Cancers
#OctoberIs4Livers is the first and only global program dedicated to public awareness, policy, and clinical practice needs to prevent and manage liver cancer while educating and empowering those living with and impacted by liver cancer. Join us October 2022!
Check out our
To honor the millions of people worldwide living with liver disease, bosses wear burgundy.
October is Liver Cancer Awareness Month, and #OctoberIs4Livers, launched in 2018, is the first and only global campaign dedicated to public awareness, policy, education, and clinical practice needs to prevent and manage liver cancer. The campaign’s success in its first four years has created a strong platform.
Designed to span the globe to improve health outcomes for liver cancer patients, the 2022 #OctoberIs4Livers campaign aims to rally stakeholders in creative and impactful ways to support the countless individuals who have heard the terrifying words “you have liver cancer.”
We have something for everyone! You bring the passion, and we’ll give you the tools to change the world for liver cancer patients.
GLI promotes awareness and action through the tremendously successful #OctoberIs4Livers program. The 2021 program was our fourth year full of activities that brought the liver cancer community– patients, survivors, caregivers, advocates, experts, and others– together to increase the global dialogue about liver cancers. This program reached more than 288 million people through a variety of both in-person and virtual activities, programs, and initiatives.
Throughout its 5th year anniversary, the 2022 #OctoberIs4Livers campaign will drive equity by connecting with diverse communities around the world to push boundaries among the liver cancers community. Join us throughout October 2022 to be a part of that change!
2022 Program Goals
1.Strengthen global public awareness of chronic diseases, including viral hepatitis and alcoholic liver disease, that increase the risk for liver cancer
2.Enhance culturally appropriate nutrition resources and lessons with “Fighting Liver Cancer With Food” video series
3.Promote recommended liver cancer screening and early detection for patients at risk by holding equity roundtables and creating videos that explore global liver cancer inequities
4.Enhance access of #OctoberIs4Livers activities for vulnerable communities, such as by translating liver cancer awareness resources to additional languages
5.Further patient-centered policy actions through the #OctoberIs4Livers campaign
2022 Program Activities
- Translate Liver Cancer Lessons and education materials into 3 languages for Liver Central (livercentral.org)
- Expand Liver Cancer Lessons with a series of Equity Roundtable conversations with leading stakeholders across a breadth of expertise
- Develop culturally appropriate resource materials to supplement Fighting Liver Cancers with Food cooking series
- Relaunch the State of Liver Cancer Report and briefing Expand repository of global, culturally sensitive resources on Liver Central
- Publish brochures that demonstrate barriers and inequities in liver cancer around the world
- Collaborate with patients and industry partners to advocate for doubling the five-year survival rate for liver cancers by 2030 manage liver cancer while educating and empowering those living with and impacted by liver cancer.
Virtual Liver Cancer
Tumor Board Discussion
This vibrant discussion included 6 medical experts as they discussed the complex challenges in providing treatment and care for those living with hepatocellular carcinoma. The program aired in October and is available for playback here.