Global Liver Institute
GLOBAL LIVER INSTITUTE
Global Call To Action For Liver Cancers
Leadership In Liver Health Luncheon
Driving Equity in Liver Cancers
#OctoberIs4Livers is the first and only global program dedicated to public awareness, policy, and clinical practice needs to prevent and manage liver cancer while educating and empowering those living with and impacted by liver cancer. Join us each October!
October is Liver Cancer Awareness Month, and #OctoberIs4Livers, launched in 2018, is the first and only global campaign dedicated to public awareness, policy, education, and clinical practice needs to prevent and manage liver cancer. The campaign’s success in its first five years has created a strong platform.
Designed to span the globe to improve health outcomes for liver cancer patients, the 2022 #OctoberIs4Livers campaign aimed to rally stakeholders in creative and impactful ways to support the countless individuals who have heard the terrifying words “you have liver cancer.”
We had something for everyone! Building on the passion from participants, and we provided you the tools to change the world for liver cancer patients.
GLI has promoted awareness and action through the tremendously successful #OctoberIs4Livers program. The 2022 program was our fifth year full of activities that brought the liver cancer community– patients, survivors, caregivers, advocates, experts, and others– together to increase the global dialogue about liver cancers. This program reached more than 288 million people through a variety of both in-person and virtual activities, programs, and initiatives.
Throughout its 5th year anniversary, the 2022 #OctoberIs4Livers campaign has driven equity by connecting with diverse communities around the world to push boundaries among the liver cancers community. Join us to be a part of that change!
2022 Program Achievements
- Translated Liver Cancer Lessons and education materials into 3 languages for Liver Central (livercentral.org)
- Expanded Liver Cancer Lessons with a series of four Equity Roundtable conversations with leading expert stakeholders across a breadth of communities:
- Hispanic & LatinX
- Asian and Asian American
- African & Black American
- Relaunched the State of Liver Cancer Report and briefing Expand repository of global, culturally sensitive resources on Liver Central
- Supported 3 open house events around the globe to elevate patient awareness of liver cancers
- Collaborated with patients and industry partners to advocate for doubling the five-year survival rate for liver cancers by 2030 manage liver cancer while educating and empowering those living with and impacted by liver cancer.
Throughout October, we brought together leaders in liver health from different communities to discuss the most pressing challenges in liver cancers to their communities and unique approaches to address them. Listen in on these vibrant conversations!
- 10/06: African and Black American Health Equity Roundtable
- 10/13: Asian and Asian American Health Equity Roundtable
- 10/20: Hispanic and LatinX Health Equity Roundtable
- 10/27: LGBTQIA+ Health Equity Roundtable