Global Liver Institute
GLOBAL LIVER INSTITUTE
Leadership In Liver Health Luncheon
Driving Equity in Liver Cancers
#OctoberIs4Livers is the first and only global program dedicated to public awareness, policy, and clinical practice needs to prevent and manage liver cancer while educating and empowering those living with and impacted by liver cancer. Join us each October!
October is Liver Cancer Awareness Month, and our #OctoberIs4Livers campaign, launched in 2018, is the first and only global campaign dedicated to public awareness, policy, education, and clinical practice needs to prevent and manage liver cancer. Designed to span the globe to improve health outcomes for liver cancer patients, the #OctoberIs4Livers campaign aims to rally stakeholders in creative and impactful ways to support the countless individuals who have heard the
terrifying words “you have liver cancer.”
The campaign’s success in its first five years has created a strong platform, bringing the liver cancer community—patients, survivors, caregivers, advocates, experts, and others—together to increase the global dialogue about liver cancers. We have something for everyone! You bring the passion, and we’ll give you the tools to change the world for liver cancer patients.
2022 Program Recap
The 2022 #OctoberIs4Livers program was our fifth year full of activities, ranging from in-person to virtual activities, programs, and initiatives. Rooted in the theme of Driving Equity in Liver Cancers, the 2022 #OctoberIs4Livers campaign aimed to connect diverse populations around the world to push boundaries among the liver cancers community. Join us as we reflect on our achievements and lessons learned from October 2022!
- Hosted 4 Health Equity Roundtables, which consisted of diverse panels of medical professionals and community advocates, to identify action items that will contribute to advancing liver health among the Black/African American, Asian/Asian American, Hispanic and LatinX, and LGBTQIA+ communities
- Collaborated with three medical sites around the world to launch Liver Health Open Houses that aimed to increase liver health and liver cancer awareness and decrease stigma of liver diseases by inviting local residents to health facilities for an educational experience and interactive experience
- Presented the Fighting Liver Cancers with Food series, which included 3 episodes featuring recipes that were energy-boosting, comforting, and nutritious for those undergoing liver cancer treatments
- Showcased 4 episodes of GLI LIVE, which featured key stakeholders sharing their expertise in various areas of liver cancer, including financial toxicity and research, reaching over 5,000 individuals
2022 Campaign Highlights
- Press Release Potential Reach 3.505 Billion
- Social Media Analytics
- 1,841,114 Impressions
- 390,534 Reach
- 3,209 Engagements
- 4 Health Equity Roundtables with participants from 5 countries reaching a live audience of over 600